Los Alamos County Extension Home Economics program is committed to providing information to educate families about complex issues of today's world.
Families in our community make choices every day about money, time management, child rearing, nutrition, and health. We provide practical, research based, unbiased, and accurate information to help make these choices.
Our programs focus on:
- Diabetes Education/Kitchen Creations
- Family Health and Wellness
- Food Preparation
- Food Safety
- Food Preservation
- Family Life and Child Development
- Family Resource Management
- Improving consumer and family skills
- Building leadership skills
- Disaster Preparedness
We teach through:
- Local programs
- Community projects
- Group training sessions
- School enrichment
Los Alamos County Extension Office - Health & WellnessJust Be It! Healthy and Fit!
NMSU Extension Publications and Resources
Pressure Canner Maintenance-
- Pressure canners should be inspected annually. Your county Home Economist provides this service for free. Simply bring your canner and dial gauge by the Extension office to be inspected.
Home and Family
Pickling Class PhotosPictures and information from Pickling Class
Salsa Canning Class PhotosPictures from Salsa Canning Class
Los Alamos Cooperative Extension Service
1251 Bathtub Row
Los Alamos, NM 87544
Phone: (505) 662-2656